SOS, FEAR OF LEAVING: 5 FEARS OF LEAVING FOR ERASMUS AND HOW TO DEAL WITH THEM
Are you feeling anxious about leaving for your Erasmus adventure? Fear not, you are not alone!
The idea of leaving your comfort zone, friends, and family behind can be daunting, but don't get overwhelmed by this, the experiences you will live will remain in your heart.
In this article, we'll explore some of the most common fears that students have before leaving for Erasmus and provide you with some tips to help you overcome them. So, take a deep breath, relax, and let's dive into this exciting new chapter in your life!
Here are 5 common fears and some tips on how to overcome them:
- Fear of the unknown: It's normal to be apprehensive about the unknown. But remember, Erasmus is all about embracing new experiences and stepping out of your comfort zone.
- Fear of homesickness: It's natural to miss the comfort of home and the people you love. Stay connected with friends and family through video calls and messaging apps. But also remember to immerse yourself in your new surroundings and make new friends.
- Fear of language barriers: If you are going to a country where you don't speak the language, it can be intimidating. Try to learn some basic phrases before you go and sign up for language classes once you arrive. Don't be afraid to make mistakes.
- Fear of not fitting in: It can be daunting to join a new community, but remember that everyone is in the same boat. Attend events and activities organized by your Erasmus group or university to meet new people and find common interests.
- Fear of academic challenges: Erasmus is not just about having fun, you will also be studying in a new environment. Keep on top of your studies by creating a study schedule and seeking help from your professors and classmates when needed.
Leaving for Erasmus is a big step, but don't let fear hold you back!
So pack your bags, take a deep breath and get ready for the adventure of a lifetime!